PINEVILLE, W.Va. – Mrs. Deirdre Cline, Superintendent of Wyoming County Schools, presented on October 17, 2022, a thorough explanation of the upcoming Wyoming County Schools Facilities Bond to all of the Pineville Town Council which included Debbie Bowling, Mike Clay, Sonja Davis, Brian Mitchell, and Debbie Wiles, Mayor Toby Lane, Chief of Police Zack Helmandollar, and Recorder Victoria Knight Clay.
During her presentation, Superintendent Cline outlined each project, as listed below, that will be addressed with the potential passage of this facilities bond:
• New Mullens Pre-K to 8 School
• Berlin McKinney Elementary: Upgrade to electrical system
• Baileysville Elementary and Middle School: Secure entry, replace wastewater treatment plant, and walking track
• Herndon Elementary and Middle School: Roof replacement
• Road Branch Elementary and Middle School: Walking track and new playground
• Oceana Middle School: Secure entry, ADA upgrades, and walking track
• Pineville Middle School: Secure entry, new gym floor, and improvements to electrical system
• Wyoming East High School: Turf football field
• Westside High School: Turf football field and auxiliary gym
• Wyoming County Career & Technical Canter: New auditorium
Also present at tonight’s informational meeting before Council were the following: Kara Halsey-Mitchell and John Henry, Wyoming County Schools Assistant Superintendents; Richie Walker and Doug Kennedy, Wyoming County Schools Board Members; and Paula Lupardus, Wyoming County Schools Executive Secretary/Coordinator of Services.