A propane leak inPineville forced 50 people to evacuate and closed Route 10 for over two hours on Wednesday night.
The situation had been rectified by midnight, according to Wyoming County Emergency Services Director Dead Meadows.
Meadows said the owners of Pineville Paving discovered the leak and reported it to the 911 Center at approximately 9:20 p.m.
Persons living at Pineville Terrace and Pine Valley Estates were evacuated.
Meadows the Pineville Terrace evacuation was mandated by law.
The evacucations at Pine Valley Estates were not mandatory but were “strongly encouraged,” Meadows indicated, and all of the residents did leave the site.
Cook Memorial Baptist Church served as a shelter for evacuees. “A lot of people went to stay with family,” Meadows said.
Route 10 and rail service in the area were shut down for two and one-half hours.
The Pineville Fire Department and Mullens Fire Department assisted with the evacuations and road closing, Meadows reported.
Highland Propane of Athens “came in and mitigated the site,” Meadows said.
John Conley can be reached at 304-732-6060 or on Twitter @PIHnews.